Tuesday, July 19, 2011

You are in a relationship with your phone, my friend!



When I just landed at ESADE, all of us got the same phone and contracts so that we could BBM each other instead of calling! I remember discovering the world of BBM and Whatsapp. I had hardly felt the need to use either before, but  I got so addicted to it! I remember a friend I had met for coffee look at me and go, "Did you really want to meet me? You have looked at your phone more times than you have looked at me! You are in a relationship with your phone my friend!". I was like, lets not overreact and get all dramatic please!

2 months later of course, BBM was passe!

However, I seem to be meeting a lot of people who are still stuck in the my-'smart'phone-is-the-best-thing-that-ever-happened-to-me mode! Coffee, lunch meetings, just hanging out - whatever the occasion, some people seem to find their phones more interesting than anything I have to say! I am trying not to take this personally.

But yes, it is a tad (just a tad) troubling !

No comments: